1. Cityfitness Group Limited (we/us/our) acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out the way in which we collect, use, manage and protect your personal information.
2. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1993 and, in particular, the Information Privacy Principles that are set out in the Privacy Act 1993.
4. We may collect and hold personal information provided by you when you:
a) complete the membership application process for any fitness and health facility operated by any of the Cityfitness Group companies (Clubs);
b) use the Clubs,
whether through information you give us directly, through our website www.cityfitness.co.nz (Website) or by using an APP made available to you as a member (APP).
5. We use the information for the purpose of conducting our business, including (without limitation) (i) to deliver services and information to you, (ii) to assist you with matters relating to the services we provide to you and other members of the Clubs, (iii) to improve and better understand your preferences, (iv) to notify you of any change to our services or to your membership terms (including fees), and (v) to fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations.
6. This information is usually collected directly from you but occasionally, where it is unreasonable or impractical to do so, it may be collected from third party service providers or publicly available sources.
7. You may choose not to provide any personal information to us, however as a result we may not be able to provide services to you or inform you of changes to the services we provide or to your membership terms (including fees).
8. We may use the personal information that you submit to us in connection with the above-stated purposes and for direct marketing purposes (including club newsletters). You can opt out of receiving marketing materials by writing to us at the below address or following any instructions to unsubscribe in one of our marketing emails.
9. We may disclose personal information to third parties:
(a) to meet the purpose for which it was submitted (for example, to process your membership application);
(b) to validate the information you provide to us in the course of signing up to and/or using our services;
(c) to undertake fee collection services on our behalf;
(d) if we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information;
(e) if your personal information is collected in connection with a joint promoter, to that joint promoter for marketing and research purposes; and
(f) to protect the personal safety of our staff, other users of our services or the public.
10. We may also disclose your information to our affiliated companies and to any prospective purchasers of us or a substantial portion of our assets.
11. You can access and request correction of any personal information concerning you at any time. You may also request that we delete your personal information at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us (see below for details). Please note that your right to gain access to your information will be subject to the relevant exceptions in the Privacy Act.
14. We take reasonable measures to protect all personal information stored within our database. However, when providing personal information via our Website or an APP (as applicable), we note that the transmission of information using the Internet is not completely secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted via our Website or an APP (as applicable) and any such transmission is at your own risk.
15. Please contact us if you:
(a) wish to discuss any privacy issues
(b) have any concerns regarding your personal information
(c) do not wish to receive any future communications from us.
Cityfitness Group Limited
CityFitness Group Limited (CityFitness) has installed Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras in some of its clubs (and the carparks of those clubs). Those clubs operating CCTV cameras will clearly indicate that CCTV cameras are in operation.
Last updated: 29 April 2016